Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Duane Street Hotel, Tribeca, NY

Wall UnitDuane Street Hotel Tribeca, New York - hotel Photo This hotel should win an award for great use of space ie stuffing a lot into a little. Don't plan to work out or overeat in these small spaces. They're for sleeping. It's either you or the bed. But to their credit the rooms have everything you need: bed, "desk" + chair built along the wall, narrow closet space, reading lamp, book shelves, and a surprisingly generous shower/bath. All quite esthetically pleasing, somewhat eco-friendly, and very cute, tight spaces. My suitcases had some issues though as they hadn't been planned into the room design. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I got a torn top sheet and had to change rooms. The hotel expressed just the right amount of concern and consternation so my visit ended on a high note. But just between us, I did strip down the bed in the new room to check for rips and tears. I'm happy to report that there were no nasty surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment