Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ear Plugs

If you read the hotels independent reviews as compulsively as I do, a recurring complaint is about noise. Noise in the hotel coming from the shared wall, or the room above, or the street outside. New York and San Francisco are good examples of shrieking streets sounding off sirens 24/7. After too many sleepless nights, sheer madness and desperation drove me to a solution: EAR PLUGS! Years ago I invested in my first container of 100 when snoring (not mine) drove me to madness. I felt like my head was going to explode - from the snores and the ear plugs. Despite stuffing my ears until my eyes rolled, the snores still made it through. Recently I discovered an inexpensive ear plug with maximum effectiveness if fitted right: HEAROS Xtreme Protection Series with highest noise reduction level of 33 decibels. They're feather soft, come with instructions, and can be found in the corner pharmacy for a lot less than the cost of a shrink if you don't get enough sleep. Now when I travel I don't worry about noisy neighbours or cops chasing robbers. If I don't get a good night's sleep it's usually just because I'm devotedly OC and there may be a spot on the sheet or the carpet which can wreak havoc with my comfort. Or worse, a bad mattress...

No comments:

Post a Comment