Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Colour my Bog


I can't believe I'm reduced to blogging about this.

For the past 20 years I've been going to the same house for lunch once-a-month - same time, same place every month for 20 years. My brother's house. Like me, he's a compulsive about having things in order. The meal - prepared by him - is usually the same too.

Last week, as usual, I had to grace the loo. I look forward to it. What you need to know is that the loo is fitted out with maroon accessories, everything matching, right down to the toilet paper. But toilet paper doesn't come in maroon, at least not where we live, so he buys pink. Pink toilet paper. For the past 20 years. No surprises there. I got used to it, came to rely on it - even looked forward to it. It became a part of my comfort zone.

Last week he changed the toilet paper...to WHITE. No notice, no warning, just changed it. I thought it was dust! I - WAS - TRAUMATISED-D-D-D!!! It kind of broke my momentum if you know what I mean...He said the store ran out of pink. Hmmm... I went on a hunt. 3 days later I'm still looking. Is the whole country out of pink toilet paper? What's a girl to do?!

Options that I'm considering:
1. moving to a different country
2. eating at a hotel/restaurant where they have pink toilet paper
3. getting over it

in that order

1 comment: